Need help with rig, it freezes when i get into games

Gun_Strife

2[H]4U
Well the thing is this is for my friend and it was wroking a few days ago but with an old 20gb hdd, I had it running oblivion but of course wanted a better hdd
i had just recieved a new hdd so i went to install windows and everything goes great and after i install the drivers i put wow on it thats his main game so after that installs i try to get into the game and it starts up but wont go past the begining cg, it just freezes

do you guys have any idea what piece of hardware might be the cause first heres specs

MSI K8N Neo
3400+
2x512mb corsair xms ddr 400
X850XT
maxtor diamond plus 9 which was just recieved from maxtor
ultra x-connect 500w psu

i also tried it with a single stick of ram(tried both sticks)
also with a 3200+
I will try with another psuand am also trying the first 20gb hdd again to see what happens
any ideas would be great

i dont see any problem on ur hardware... maybe graphic card driveR? the R was a typo... accidently press cap lock

well i tried drivers from atis site and still no go i tried to do a 3dmark run and it froze after a few seconds
any other ideas guys

Maybe the power isn't pluged into the video card? They have a separate connector...at least my X800XT PE does.

thanks for all the help guys I tried a different psu and that did the work
guess the ultra is bad, think the card uses more power when in 3d aps, moves to 3d mode is what ive heard

Back