• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with Pentium D Overclocking

Rax

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
206
I have a Pentium D 820 that I'm trying to overclock. I'm running into the same problem, that is it locks up when shutting down. Runs fine otherwise, but at anything over 210 it locks and I have to do a chkdsk from the repair bootup get it to boot.

I'm on a Ga-8i945P with Coarsair 5400 1 GB.

Any ideas?
 
Well, I guess your all just as stumped as I am. Thanks anyways for looking. If I find an answer I'll post it.
 
too hot? Running over fsb max limit? I wish I could delete this post as I dont know anything about OC intel.
 
Well, I'm not an expert overclocker but I've read my share of posts & ventured in OC territory a little so I'll offer some tidbits that you may already know.

First off, please list your complete specs, as that may help. Also list your temps & your BIOS settings. Also, have you tried returning your clocks to stock settings to see if that stops the lock ups?
 
Rax said:
but at anything over 210 it locks and I have to do a chkdsk from the repair bootup get it to boot.

Sounds to me like you don't have your PCI locked to 33mhz. Does that MB have a PCI lock?

==>Lazn
 
Lazn_Work said:
Sounds to me like you don't have your PCI locked to 33mhz. Does that MB have a PCI lock?

==>Lazn

You might have something there. I looked and couldn't find one. I suspect that the HD is not able to handle the OC thru the IDE, whose clock speed is probably the same as the PCI clock. That would explain the HD boot getting trashed all the time.

It doesn't look like i can do anything about it. :(
 
Back
Top