• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help with Overclocking

fatez

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
130
Okay here is the spec for my system:

ASPIRE X-Superalien ATXA6SW-AL/500 Silver w/ red alien eyes Aluminum Server Computer Case ATX aluminum 500W see-through power supply Power Supply - Retail


EPoX EP-8KDA3+ Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor Model ADA3400AXBOX - Retail

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200XLPRO - Retail

BFG 6800 Ultra AGP.

My processor at stock is at 2.4 ghz. When I tried to overclock it, I usually just increase the FSB to 210 = 2.52ghz and it seems I can't go any higher than that. The temperature are fine it is about 37 C at idle and max out at 50 C at load in the summer. In the winter, It idle at 23c and max out at around 40 C. So what is preventing me from going any further. At first I think it is my CPU but now it might be the ram. So, now the questions about dividers. What are those? I know when I increase the FSB I am overclocking the whole system. So, how do I only overclock the cpu and nothing else. Where is the option for the divider and what should i change it to?

On a side note, I haven't updated my motherboard bios. I really don't like to upgrade bios because I have never done it b4.
 
Here is the option for under DRAM Configuration

1t/2t

CAS # Latency (TCL) - choices: 2, 2.5, 3

RAS # to Cas Latency (TRCD) choices: 2,3,4,5,6,7

Min Ras # Active Time (TRAS) - choices: 5,6,7,8,9,10,11

Row Percharge Time (TRP)- Choices: 2,3,4,5,6
 
What are your memory timings set at currently?

What voltages are you running?
 
i haven't change the voltage at all. my memory timing is at default which is 2-2-2-5
 
Try to loosen up your memory timings

What is your ram rated at?

Try 2.5-3-3-8 and see if you can go higher. Otherwise see of a slight voltage nudge helps.
 
yeah thanks, I'll try that once I get home. Btw, what about the memory divider. The 5:4.

I can't find that option anyway in my bios.


My memory is rated 3200 (look at my description)
 
I'm not familiar with your boards bios it might be called something else. Look for something perhaps labeled dram clock speed. Dividers would be listed by Speed increments if thats the case rather than a x:x variable.
 
Back
Top