Need help with outlook

Max-Powers

Gawd
I am trying sync outlook 2010 with 2 computers. My desktop and laptop. I want everything to match, contacts, emails, calendar, tasks... I am unsure how to do this. The server type is IMAP. It is my Army Knowledge Online email account.
Also, what is the best way to make archive my emails where they leave my email account and are stored on my computer? When I delete an email, it crosses it out but does not go away. How do I fix this so that it actually gets deleted off my list?
I googled some of this, but was not able to find anything simple.
I use dropbox for everything else. I am trying to find out how to change the location that my outlook uses to store all the data. That is another option.

Last edited:
Well, Exchange is the way, but then you need an Exchange server.

You can use Google Sync to sync your calendar up to Google Calendar and back on both PCs. There might be other third-party stuff out there that can do other (or all) the bits of this too.

Dropbox won't work well with Outlook PST files.

Also, what is the best way to make archive my emails where they leave my email account and are stored on my computer? When I delete an email, it crosses it out but does not go away. How do I fix this so that it actually gets deleted off my list?
This is how IMAP is designed to work, the messages are marked deleted and aren't purged until you say so. Outlook has always made this a bit obscure, I have no idea where the option is to do it now that it's been ribbon-ized. You can probably also reconfigure it to use a trash folder instead of the IMAP deleted message paradigm.

If you want download-and-delete-from-server behaviour, use POP3 or set up a rule to move the mail to a local folder.

Back