• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help With OC...

MaXXimus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
312
QX9650 - Maximus Formula w/Rampage Conversion RF0410 - Dominator PC8500 2*2Gig Sticks - Lapped TRUE
Trying to get this thing Prime95 stable @ 3.8GHz has become a real challange for a so-called chip that has been said to do 4.0GHz easily on air. If anyone can give any input on the below settings that may help... would be greatful.

Extreme Tweaker
Ai Overclock Tuner : Manual
OC From CPU Level Up : AUTO
CPU Ratio Control : Manual
- Ratio CMOS Setting : 9.5
FSB Frequency : 400
FSB Strap to North Bridge : AUTO
PCI-E Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: DDR2-1066
DRAM Command Rate : 2N
DRAM Timing Control: Manual
CAS# Latency : 5
RAS# to CAS# Delay : 5
RAS# Precharge : 5
RAS# ActivateTime :15
RAS# to RAS# Delay : AUTO
Row Refresh Cycle Time : AUTO
Write Recovery Time : AUTO
Read to Precharge Time : AUTO

Read to Write Delay (S/D) : AUTO
Write to Read Delay (S) : AUTO
Write to Read Delay (D) : AUTO
Read to Read Delay (S) : AUTO
Read to Read Delay (D) : AUTO
Write to Write Delay (S) : AUTO
Write to Write Delay (D) : AUTO
DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled
Ai Clock Twister : AUTO
Transaction Booster : AUTO

CPU Voltage : 1.38125
CPU PLL Voltage : 1.50
North Bridge Voltage : 1.55
DRAM Voltage : 2.10
FSB Termination Voltage : AUTO
South Bridge Voltage : AUTO
Loadline Calibration : Enabled
CPU GTL Reference : AUTO
North Bridge GTL Reference : AUTO
DDR2 Channel A REF Voltage : AUTO
DDR2 Channel B REF Voltage : AUTO
DDR2 Controller REF Voltage : AUTO
SB 1.5V Voltage : AUTO

CPU Spread Spectrum : Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum : Disabled
 
Just out of curiosity, do you have to increase FSB? Since you have the extreme version why don't you try leaving the FSB at stock settings and simply increase the muliplier to 11.5? That would still give you a 3.8 OC and might present less problems. I have the same CPU and same heatsink and I run mine 24/7 at 3.66 (333 X 11) prime stable at only 1.2375 volts. Temps max out at about 51 degrees after a few hours of Small FFTs Prime 95 torture test. Anyway just curious.

My particular motherboard gave me all sorts of headaches with a FSB of 400 but seems to be completely worry free at 333 FSB.
 
Well I just upped my Termination Voltage from AUTO to 1.35 and now Im Prime95 stable for an hour... As for why I mess with FSB... well, just seems that if Im only at 9.5 multi and needing to pump 1.38v into it to get it stable then can only imagine what I would need if I went with a 11.5 multi.
 
Also, Im trying to find out what the max setting is for Term Volts and if that at all effects how much vcore is needed.
 
Alright took my chances and ran Intel Linpack for 5 passes and it actually passed... and was told that I can drop my vcore with the higher Term Volts so I guess tomorrow I will be testing that out, but first I wanna see how much lower I can go with the Term Volts before becoming unstable again.
 
Back
Top