Need Help With New Rig; Can't Install XP

MikeFlide

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
64
I just set up my new rig.

Specs:
AMD 64 3200+ Winnie w/ XP-90
DFI LAN Party Ultra-D
Enermax 535W Whisper II EG565P-VE FMA V2.0 - SLI Ready
King Max Hardcore DDR 500
Roswill ATI X800XL PCI-E
Maxtor DiamondMax 9 60-GB
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200-GB
NEC DVD-Rom & DVD-RW
Thermal Take Tsunami

I set up everything in my computer but when I try to install XP, all it says on the screen is LanParty n4.


Appreciate Any Replies :D
 
if its not getting past the mobo flash screen its usually because it doesnt see a HD?

thast my off the rip guess.
 
i really need some more help plz i need to get my new comp. working. I'm having my friend type up all my posts for me
 
Does it give you any boot info? Like, whats booting, memory, any BIOS info at all?
 
no info. at all. lemme give u step by step of wat happens.

Turn on my comp. and monitor.
All is going waiting for moitor to show screen but then it goes into standby mode and then back on. When it is back on all tha is on the screen is a pic showing Lanparty n4
 
Well, I really dont know what to tell you....if nothing really happens....no boot...no device checking, then I'd say something's wrong with your motherboard....I really don't knw, and I'm sorry....well BUMPEDDY BUMP BUMP for this thread for you, man, and good luck.
 
Sounds like something wrong with the mobo, can you get into the bios? Try disconnecting the IDE devices, external usb ports etc so it's just the mobo with a video card and see how far it gets. If you have any spare video cards and/or RAM it wouldn't hurt swapping them out either. I haven't really worked with any mobo's since 2003 but mine had a few jumpers that had to be set on the board, yours probably has some way to clear the CMOS settings.
 
usually if you hit " TAB" u can see the post screen and not just the moother boards Colorful Splash screen.


Hitting f1, f2 or "del" doesnt get u into bios?
 
no itried everysingle key also i don't think my keyboard is working either. it turns for like a sec. then turns off
 
also on my mobo near the pci slot nearest to the bottom of my case are 3 leds. I check in the manual that those lights represent devices found. They represent vga,cpu,ram, and start up
When i just start up my comp. all 4 light up. then it immediatley goes to 3 leds and after about 2 sec. it only goes to 1 and that means that only my video card is being detected. My cpu and ram aren't being detected i've tried everythingi can think of and saw on oc forums. plz help
 
Ok, have you tried the other components in another mobo? My honest guess right away would be that the mobo is screwed up.....test your components in another computer to see if they work....if they do, then it's gotta be the mobo...but if those few things fail in another computer, the it'll be something else....narrow it down. But I'm betting it's the mobo-might have to send it in.
 
Unplug the Case LED connectors (hdd and system) and make sure that every device that is plugged into the ata controllers also have a molex power connector.
 
lesman said:
Ok, have you tried the other components in another mobo? My honest guess right away would be that the mobo is screwed up.....test your components in another computer to see if they work....if they do, then it's gotta be the mobo...but if those few things fail in another computer, the it'll be something else....narrow it down. But I'm betting it's the mobo-might have to send it in.

i second that, if u cant even get into bios the board is toast.
 
Back
Top