• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with nameservers and DNS stuff

Tin_10

Bad Trader/Returning Ban
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
796
Guys, I purchased www.stechservices.com from godaddy.com, then purchasd webspace from www.ambienthost.com - actually a person who I have talked to for years now, cut me a really good deal, $5 a month, so yea ok, well.......here is the dilema

I purchased both of these, and this was 3, almost 4 days ago, timely speaking. I changed the nameservers at godaddy.com's domain admin stuff, didnt lock the domain(which disallows the change of these names) then I did happen to lock it yesterday. Well, its almost 4 days since I did the nameservers and the site still isnt working, does it really take this long to filter the DNS thru all the servers, is there anyway to check on the "progress" of this, just need it done so I can setup stuff on my website/chat/email stuff. So thanks in advanced guys!
 
-bash-2.05b$ dig stechservices.com @::1

; <<>> DiG 9.3.0 <<>> stechservices.com @::1
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 7854
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;stechservices.com. IN A

;; Query time: 104 msec
;; SERVER: ::1#53:):1)
;; WHEN: Sun Dec 12 09:12:21 2004
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 35

-----
You don't even have an A record set up.
 
Hes right. Your DNS are pointed to the proper place but without a records and even MX records, your going nowhere fast...

Call your registrar ( godaddy ) and inquire....they'll help.
 
kid-gsm said:
Hes right. Your DNS are pointed to the proper place but without a records and even MX records, your going nowhere fast...

Call your registrar ( godaddy ) and inquire....they'll help.


whats a record, i have setup 3 other sites and its worked before, what else do I need to change?

Do I need to do a domain forward and set it as the http://www.ambienthost.com/~stech/ name?
 
Back
Top