I'm running an older Dell Dimension 8200 (I think its a 8200, its about 3 years old)
P4 2.0Ghz
512 MB RDram
80GB Maxtor 5400 Rpm
120GB Western Digital 7200 Rpm
Nvidia GeForce2 440MX
Sound Blaster Live!
USB 1
IEEE 3ports
19" Dell CRT
TDK INDIDVD 4x multi-format DVDR/RW
DELL 48X CDR/RW
Dell keyboard
Logitech optical mouse
The comp obviously needs a new Video card and more ram for games and video editing, but the ram is outrageous and lately the comp is getting to be really slow doing anything and for some reason when I pull up task manager the CPU, at times, is at 100% usage when only 222MB more/less of Ram is in use? WTF is up with that?
What I'd like to do ultimately is upgrade this comp but Dell's cases refuse anything other than their motherboards as far as I know and I would love to build another rig besides for gaming/general purpose, but I don't have a whole lot to spend. Any ideas on what I should do?
P4 2.0Ghz
512 MB RDram
80GB Maxtor 5400 Rpm
120GB Western Digital 7200 Rpm
Nvidia GeForce2 440MX
Sound Blaster Live!
USB 1
IEEE 3ports
19" Dell CRT
TDK INDIDVD 4x multi-format DVDR/RW
DELL 48X CDR/RW
Dell keyboard
Logitech optical mouse
The comp obviously needs a new Video card and more ram for games and video editing, but the ram is outrageous and lately the comp is getting to be really slow doing anything and for some reason when I pull up task manager the CPU, at times, is at 100% usage when only 222MB more/less of Ram is in use? WTF is up with that?
What I'd like to do ultimately is upgrade this comp but Dell's cases refuse anything other than their motherboards as far as I know and I would love to build another rig besides for gaming/general purpose, but I don't have a whole lot to spend. Any ideas on what I should do?