• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need help with my silverstone sg08..

broddy

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
244
I got it yesterday from frozencpu. I just installed intel i5 2400s and intel mini-itx H67 board with 8g ram, sapphire 6950 2g. I know there's a switch on the power supply itself. When i turn on the machine, nothing happened. I heard a pop on the power supply. Do i assume my power supply is screwed? i checked the power connections to my MB. i have the 12x2 and 2x2 both connected. The thing bugs me is that the fan on the powersupply itself doesnt even turn on. Anyone with sg07 or sg08m can you please check? how else do i trouble shoot? i tried to connect the power button wire to the MB both ways, doesnt seems to do anything. The thing just doesnt turn on at all.

edit... when i try to turn it on. I dont have the case covered yet cuz im not using slim dvd player. I just need to use regular player for installing windows then I will use my external usb dvd player. Maybe grounding issue? there's no grounding wire in this case. Not that I find. just HDD LED, Power LED, Power SW, Reset SW.
 
Last edited:
If I heard a pop from the power supply and the system refused to power on (after checking connections), I would assume that I got a bad PSU and begin the RMA procedure. Sucks but can happen with about any brand.
 
If you heard a pop from the PSU, that thing probably croaked. BUT! To rule out that the wiring from the power button is the issue, you can short the power connectors on a motherboard with a screwdriver while the PSU is plugged in and powered on to turn the system on. If it turns on, there's something wrong with your case wiring. If not, the PSU is in all probability, dead. Also, on motherboards or PSUs there's usually a LED light indicating there is a current flowing through the system, have you checked for one? It also helps if you have a spare PSU lying around you can use to help troubleshoot the problem.
 
i went to my sister's house and dig up an old server case with psu.. everything works, so i can finally say my PSU is messed up. But i will also try the power bottom. I didnt know where the LED on MB is. I saw it light up after connecting to the good PSU. I didnt see it at all with the bad one..so yea, i think if the bottom wasnt working..the LED on MB should still light up. pain in the neck...with holiday season, shipping is so slow.
 
can i use the PSU on SG07 to SG08? shouldnt be a problem right? I think the only difference is the faceplate on them?
 
That switch might have been the one that changes between 120 and 230V (so us Brits can use the PSU too) and generally, having it on the wrong setting will kill the PSU stone dead.
 
so i bought another PSU...thermaltake tr2 600w everything runs good..now im in RMA with silverstone for the PSU. oh well..it just takes a few weeks and i dont want to wait to use my new comp. Anyway, the 180AP fan I have is a bit glitchy? The switch for the fan supposed to turn it either low or high but my switch is either off or low. How do I control the 180 AP fan with software?
 
Sounds like your AP181 fan is not getting enough power so try going into the BIOS menu and check to see if you can disable fan speed control or raise the voltage/speed setting to the point that the fan will spin on low.
 
so i went to bios, set the fan to run minimum 70%.. now it raised to 938RPM instead of 650PRM i was getting. guess good enough... my graphic idles at 45C.CPU at 30~35C graphic is 6950 2G anyway i can make graphic cooler? i mean..it's SG08, the graphic gets cold air outside of case, why is the temperature still so high.
 
Back
Top