• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help with My Qpack LED Temp Reading

Nearsite

Gawd
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
965
I've got two problems actually, please help me today so I can go out and get's me a new PSU and play Oblivion over the weekend!!! :D

1. The PSU on my Qpack is crappy. Which PSU should I buy that will fit in the Qpack along with my NEC drives?

2. How in the world do you get the temp sensors to work??? I've taped them to the heatsink and harddrive with scotch tape and I still NEVER get a reading. Do the temps have to reach a certain threshold before something pops up on the LED screen?

Help. :(
 
I don't know about question #1 because I don't have any problem with the default psu.

For Q2, you don't have to do anything special really. All you have to do is plug its molex connector to one on the psu and place the thermal sensor diode as close to your cpu as possible.

I own a Zalman, so I just stuck the yellow tip of the thermal censor diode into one of the gap between the many fins.(as close down to the cpu as possible) I know it's not so accurate, but compare to the official software that came w/ my biostar mobo, the LED reading on the case is only 3-4 *C off. I just keep that in mind and offset it when I read the LED.
 
Nearsite said:
I've got two problems actually, please help me today so I can go out and get's me a new PSU and play Oblivion over the weekend!!! :D

1. The PSU on my Qpack is crappy. Which PSU should I buy that will fit in the Qpack along with my NEC drives?
How long is your NEC? I just picked up a Liteon and it doesn't extend past the 5 1/2 drive's mounting bay; so a full PSU will fit easy. If you need one fast you can always run to the local Best Buy or Office Max and pick up an Antec PSU. There are tons of people using them without problems. However I can't really reccommend anything because I'm using the stock one but I'm considering an upgrade when I pick up a vid card.

Nearsite said:
2. How in the world do you get the temp sensors to work??? I've taped them to the heatsink and harddrive with scotch tape and I still NEVER get a reading. Do the temps have to reach a certain threshold before something pops up on the LED screen?

You just have to make sure the display is plugged into the molex for power.
 
Yeah the LED is lit up in the front, it has power, just no readings, I guess it must be broken then....

I guess I'm screwed both ways as I love my NEC, but the PSU on my case sucks a$$
 
Lite-on DVD drive and an Enermax Liberty 500W from Newegg.. fits PERFECT! The Enermax also has modular power, so if you need fewer or more power cables you simply add them. Very nice for keeping the inside of the case clean/neat with good airflow.
 
Nearsite said:
Yeah the LED is lit up in the front, it has power, just no readings, I guess it must be broken then....

I guess I'm screwed both ways as I love my NEC, but the PSU on my case sucks a$$

I have an NEC burner and it fits fine w/ my full size power supply. I have a 500W Ultra (not X connect ::kicks self in face::) and it fits tight, but it does fit and that is what counts. As for temp readings, my HDD one gives me a reading but my CPU one doesn't. I am currently setting up to RMA back to Newegg, which will be a nice pain in the ass to rebuild the system twice (as I will stick all of my hardware back in my mid tower lian li PC60 for now).

Jason
 
i'm wondering the same thing on my qpack, only the HDD works, the CPU is constantly flashing, anyway to get a replacement for these, this is for someone else, hate to give a broken product.
 
Well when I am defintely replacing mine, as I just threw all of my hardware back in my old Lian Li last night successfully and it is up and running like a dream. I went ahead and achieved my overclock in my sig as well, but won't go much further as I know that little X-Qpack has some definite heat buildup, esp since my power supply is install upside down so that fan doesn't do anything anymore.
Jason
 
Myrandex said:
Well when I am defintely replacing mine, as I just threw all of my hardware back in my old Lian Li last night successfully and it is up and running like a dream. I went ahead and achieved my overclock in my sig as well, but won't go much further as I know that little X-Qpack has some definite heat buildup, esp since my power supply is install upside down so that fan doesn't do anything anymore.
Jason

you must have been doing something wrong, because my Q-packs temps are great.
my A64 3000 venice overclocked to 2.4ghz @ 1.45 volts on a thermaltake golden orb II idles at 28C and after ten minutes of the maximum heat/power torture test in prime 95, its highest temperature was 41C.

this processor does 2.6 @ 1.5 volts, but I like to keep my overclocks a bit under the max that I can get

video card idles at 33 and loads at 57 max with a zalman vf700-cu led. that's down from 39 and 67 with the stock cooler and in my coolermaster centurion mid tower with the fan at 89% speed (VERY LOUD).

why didn't you orient your power supply so that the fans were sucking air out?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recommend this LG burner for SFF use
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16827136063

I think its a bit longer than the Lite-on, but it fits in my Q-pack with a full size power supply just fine, and I really really like this burner a lot, the burn quality is really good. my newest revision large size PS2 which has never liked burned CDs (loves burned DVD's though) likes burned CDs from this drive. and so far, none of my burned DVDs have been coasters.

for CD-Rs I'm using memorex cool colors, and for DVD-Rs I'm using Verbatims with the AZO dye layer.
 
Back
Top