• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help with Microphone setup

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
2FA
Joined
Jan 31, 2003
Messages
14,173
Currently at the moment, I plan on purchasing the following. This is what my budget could allow. I need to verify that I have everything I need and am I running this right.

So essentially, I am running the Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone using the 15' XLR cable to the Behringer PS400 Phantom Power Supply, than from there I use the 6' XLR to Stereo 3.5mm jack to my PC's input (as opposed to Microphone). Of corse I have the desk microphone stand and the pop filter as well, but is this run correctly or am I missing something........?

Behringer PS400 Ultra-Compact Phantom Power Supply
Comprehensive Video Group EXF Series XLR Jack to Stereo 3.5mm Mini Plug Audio Cable 6ft
Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone
On Stage DS7200B Adjustable Desk Microphone Stand, Black
XLR male to XLR female Microphone Cable - 15 feet
Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter
 
How good is your sound card, since that is going to determine the quality of the recording.

have you thought of getting something like this,
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-X2U-XLR-to-USB-Signal-Adapter/dp/B001PPXFAG
you won't need the PS400 with the Shure unit.

here are a couple of others that supply phantom power as well,
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV233LL/A

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...assic-Interface-with-Phantom-Power?sku=270707


http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/595388-REG/Alesis_MICLINK_MicLink_XLR_to.html#specifications
this requires the PS400 I believe.
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just need to know if my setup is okay really....... If I am getting what I need, or did I miss a part.... is XLR to 3.5mm okay to go with directly from the phantom power... thats what I need to know.
 
What you described will work fine however there are better ways of doing it with slightly different gear. You will be quickly frustrated with this setup as the gain control on a regular sound card really sucks.
 
This *might* work if you patch the output of the PS400 into your mic input on your computer. As far as I can tell from the Behringer site, that device only provides phantom power and is NOT a mic preamp.

I'm doubtful that patching the output of the PS400 into your line input will work, as you're taking a mic level balanced mono output and trying to send it to an unbalanced line level stereo input.
 
Back
Top