Need help with LG warranty support for my 34UC97

Unfortunately, I have a defective 34UC97 and after running though their technical support line, I really didn't get the answer I wanted. In home repair -- is that even possible for a display like this especially this size?

The agent didn't seem to want to do a swap for my unit, but didn't say whether or not it was possible. Also, they wanted to provide a replace AC adapter first, but needed my part #. After providing everything on the regulatory label, they couldn't find it. It's not in the manual either. Maybe it was on the bag the AC adapter was wrapped in when I got it? Could someone provide a picture of their AC adapter for the 34UC97? Or if you know where I can buy one that would be great too. There's a bunch of aftermarket ones online, but I don't trust those. I'm about 45 days since purchase and disappointed with their support thus far. Does anyone have experience with LG's support line and how I can (preferably) get a replacement rather than waiting around at home for a tech? PM me if you so please instead of posting here... Thanks.

I've never had LG come home to service anything but I've had a Samsung TV 60" TV that restarted a couple of times a day. Samsung also did in-home servicing and sent a tech over to my house. The tech already knew it was a bad power board and swapped it out and it's been working fine ever since.

The reason for in-home service is that the panel is considered to large to ship back and forth so they would rather dispatch a tech to make the repairs/replacements. My Samsung tech said that if it the problem was something that he couldn't fix, he would just take it and Samsung would ship me a new TV.

I'm sure depending on how bad your 34UC97 is, the tech will either repair it or have a new shipped to you. I actually like in-home service more since there is no shipping back and forth but you will be without your monitor for a week or 2 until the tech arrives.

Back