• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with HTML DIVs

Dynafrom

Gawd
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
628
I don't have any background in web design, but I'm building a personal website using divs.

The layout is good, but the scroll bar for a div text box looks ugly. Anyway I can change this (CSS scrollbar doesn't work in FF)? I want something simple, like two arrows pointing up and down, with nothing else. Any tips on what I can do?
 
Scrollbars are native OS widgets. Mess with them at your own peril.

That said, there are a few jQuery plugins that allow you to define scrollable regions that use custom images from your server for the widgets. If you are already using another JS framework, there might be similar functionality available.
 
If you're trying to add a small scrollable box somewhere on a page, don't. That's a horrible design concept. Do pagination instead of you need a lot of text in a small area. Or rethink your overall layout.
 
Back
Top