Need help with Gaming research survey!

As a result of playing video games, do you feel you have benefited in any of these?

• Reflexes

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Teamwork

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Reading

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Creativity

• Socialization

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Communication

• Fitness

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Strategy

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

AoL_Is_My_EnEmY

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all -

I'm writing a research paper on the positive and negative aspects of video gaming as a college final. I can find plenty negative data about video games, of course, but positive data is much harder to come by. If possible could you select one of the positive aspects of video games in this survey, and let me know how it has affected you. If you feel video games have had any other positive effects on you feel free to post here, message me, or email me at egoncalo[at]gmail.com! Thanks!

-Evan

EDIT: You can actually select more then one in the survey!

Reflexes - Definitely - especially when you're playing at crazy frame rates when things move ultra fast

Teamwork - Meh - Depends who you are playing with. Someimes the n00bs slow you down. However, if you play with the clan in a match, the whole scenario is different

Reading - Hah, yea right

Creativity - Depends on who you are. If you are into a game that allows to make custom mods and maps, this creativity is certainly benefited and can improve

Socialization - Depends if you use a voice client. If you don't, then I think it makes it worse

Communication - Depends if you're in a clan

Fitness - Hah (unless you have a Wii (no pun intended))

Strategy - This is in the same league of reflexes. Both of strategy and reflexes are greatly improved when you play fast moving games.

There are a lot of "ifs" is this topic. The traits that are improved all depend on what you do in gaming and how often you do it. Good luck

Reflexes only for me.

I think you should add a "Focus" option or something like that. In a fast paced environment that a game can provide, we learn to focus areas of the play field, in a much more effective way IMO, since reflexes are a sort of by-product of that focus point. We react quickly, to something we focused our attention to.
Besides Reflexes, I would definitely choose "Focus" or whatever aswell.

It's not school that made me smarter, it's game lol.

I'm afraid I won't ever be able to test my theories in practise thought...
I voted strategies/tactics.

Let's say my second choice would be teamwork. It made me understand couple of things about leading.

I may be in the minority, as it seems from the poll so far.
I choose reflexes, as is probably one of the more common response, but I also choose fitness. Not in the manner that I learned how to become better fit or better ways to stay healthy, but it has urged or pushed me to become healthier in my life. I graduated high school and stopped working and just going to school, work, gaming, friends, etc., but I was not getting any physical activity. I noticed that much of my free time was taken up by gaming, which is not bad, but I realized I was not in shape and that if limiting my gaming time and splitting that time with exercise I can improve my self in more ways than one.

Isn't it kind of poor research to use a self selecting survey group for your data, especially one from a niche site like this one?

Isn't it kind of poor research to use a self selecting survey group for your data, especially one from a niche site like this one?

That may be true, but this website is not geared (as much as others) to gaming directly. This is a hardware website for all electronics and other devices. Though many who browse this section may be heavier gamers, you still reach a larger community than you would on a purely gaming website.

did you gamers relize you can make your gamer finger . the one you shoot with .
you can make your finger vibrate very fast for a long time. girls love this . gamers are the best lover. my girls say how can you make your finger vibrate sooo fast ---pushing buttons baby ----:eek:

Back