Need help with GA-K8NMF-9 overclocking

Mienaikage

n00b
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
19
I'm currently overclocking a friends PC and I need a bit of help getting it to go faster. Here are the specs:

Gigabyte K8NMF-9
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (HTT = 218 MHz)
2GB PC2700 2.5-3-3-8 (overclocked to 218 MHz) DDR Voltage +0.1

The rest of the settings are on auto, and when I try to increase the FSB further the POST screen comes up and just restarts. Is it possible to overclock these any further?
 
well i would start by having nothing on auto..... set everything manually... make sure your HTT is set at 3x and not 5x to start OCing

and then run your RAM on a divider so it stays around 200 unless you have nice ram... but to determine your max cpu oc run a low divider like 5/6 or something like that and keep defualt Vcore and the uo your FSB(htt) until it errors in prime95 then either be happy with your OC or up your vcore by .25 never go beond 1.55vcore and keep temps under 60* loaded
 
Back
Top