• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with FM radio through comp

JHefile

Necrophilia Makes Me [H]ard
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
1,180
i was wondering if there is a pci slot FM tuner I could get. But I don't have no other radio or FM signal to put into it. It has to have it's own antenna. Any suggestions? thx
 
Theres a couple options. Several of the hauppauge tvcards also tune FM. Has an external antenna connection, and includes a simple antenna to plug into it.

There also is the newish griffin radio shark, that plugs into usb and is self contained.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/6ffe/
It does am & fm.
I think people like it, i have no idea about it tho.
 
uh the radio shark got poor reviews btw, it was just a great concept thats ypeople liked it

just search newegg for fm tuner <32 bucks
 
powerade said:
uh the radio shark got poor reviews btw, it was just a great concept thats ypeople liked it

just search newegg for fm tuner <32 bucks

But don't all those tuners require a FM input? I looked through them and they all had a FM input. I'm thinking they need that to get the signal.
 
The fm input on those cards is probably just an antenna input. I've never seen a card that said it had an fm input(I don't even know what that means). If it has a tuner then it can tune fm stations. If you'll post links to a few of the ones you are looking at then we can let you know if it can tune fm stations. I know my wintv-dbx can tune fm stations; you just need to hook up an antenna.
 
JHefile said:
But don't all those tuners require a FM input? I looked through them and they all had a FM input. I'm thinking they need that to get the signal.
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.../15-116-606-09.JPG&CurImage=15-116-606-08.JPG

See that bundle of wires on the right? thats a T shaped wire antenna you need to plugin to get the fm signal. Any fm tuner is going to need some kind of antenna. You could get a different antenna from radio shack if you want, but you need some antenna. There wont be any self contained pci devices. Even the 802.11 pci devices have an antenna sticking out the back.
 
Back
Top