Need help with fittings and tubing.

asguitarplaya

Limp Gawd
So I'm building a custom loop and all I need to buy is tubing and fittings.
Well looking around other builds I noticed a few people having 1/2x5/8 compression fittings
With 7/16x5/8 tubing???
Wouldn't that stretch the tubing or is that a really good way to go?
I'm asking because I was looking into buying 1/2 compression fittings on [H] but wasn't sure if I should get 1/2 ID tubing (which looks huge!) or If I can get away with 7/16ths??

People use smaller tubing over larger barbs so that the tubing wont come off and it will be a very tight fit. This is only the case if you use non compression fittings. If you use compression fittings, you need to use the exact same size tubing as the compression fittings as you wont need to worry about the tubing coming off due to the compression fitting locking the tubing down onto the fitting. If you want 7/16 tubing, buy 7/16 compression fittings, etc.

Ahh okay makes sense.
Thanks for the tip!
People use smaller tubing over larger barbs so that the tubing wont come off and it will be a very tight fit. This is only the case if you use non compression fittings. If you use compression fittings, you need to use the exact same size tubing as the compression fittings as you wont need to worry about the tubing coming off due to the compression fitting locking the tubing down onto the fitting. If you want 7/16 tubing, buy 7/16 compression fittings, etc.

go with barbs, compression fittings are a pain in the ass to work with, and it cost almost 2x the price.

Back