• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with finding the right power supply

linx

n00b
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
2
Well, after searching newegg for hours, and reading review after review after review, I'm up a creek without a paddle on trying to find the right power supply, and am wanting to order all my parts for a new system tomorrow morning. Everyone I find either doesn't have the SATA connectors, and the ones that do, don't have enough 4-pin molex connectors. Any help on the right power supply for me would be greatly appreciated since I'm not finding a suitable PSU. Here's what I plan to run (just a moddest home machine).

P4 3.0E, 1GB PC3200 DDR, ATI Radeon 9800, 36GB WD SATA Raptor, 250GB WD SATA, 120GB WD IDE 1200JB, 40GB IDE WD, IDE DVD-Rom, IDE CD-RW, and about 7 chassis fans.

So, what I need out of a power supply is:
12V P4 Connector
Dual SATA Connectors
Around 7-8 4-pin Molex Connectors
Around 450-550 Watts

Any suggestion would be helpful. I am partial to enermax, but they don't seem to have what I'm looking for this go around on this machine.

Thanks,

Rob :D
 
I know the Thermaltake PurePower 560W has all the connectors that you might want, but I have no idea as to the quality of the PSU. Thermaltake is usually good about quality, but they are largely a case manufacturer. It retails on newegg for about US$100.

PS: Are you sure you haven't checked out the Antec 550? I'm pretty sure that has dual SATA as well....
 
I appreciate the help man. I was thinking more around the $60-80 range, but I'm willing to fork out the $100 if the thermaltake is a good power supply. I read a couple of reviews, and it looks pretty nice. Has built in SATA connectors, and 8 4-pin molex connectors. Looks like I'm off to newegg to buy it.

Thanks again,

Rob :D
 
Back
Top