Need help with DSL setup in the House.

Catsonar

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so I' getting DSL and I have an issue, but let lay out the platform. Two computer's, My father's and mine, mine setup obviously in my room and the other in my Dad's office( modified garage into office. Now there were the usual connections that were installed ( Phone, power etc....), but now I have the the choice of going wirless or wired( cat 9 cable). The problem with the wired setup is that, we would have to run new connections into the office. Wirless has come to mine but the only thing holding me back on this route is the more money I'll spend, and the realiability of the connection. What should I do:confused:

PS: any idea on the wired side, tips maybe on how to deal with the wire, if I would be better off drilling into walls or some how hiding the cable. Thx

cat 9? you mean cat 5e or cat 6 (overkill)

the only way to know how well the wireless works is to test it. too many variables. find a store with a good return policy. if you're running wire, why not just run it through the attic? Just put a drop in the office, in your room, and wherever else you may think you'll need it. Then just put the router/modem somewhere, and you're set. :)

Going wired would depend on how your house is layed out. If your room is on the top floor for example you might be able to up the wall into the attic and route over to the garage that way. If you have the basement under you, you could always go that route. You need to just look around your house and see if you have an obvious easy route to hide the wire and go from there. I'd personnally wire it if the PC's are always gonna be in the same place and you have an easy route to get the wire there.

Back