Need help with Creative speaker remote

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
I've had a Creative Inspire 6.1 (6600) setup for my PC for a while. Working great for years. Today I turn on my speakers and I get no sound coming out of them. Not even the slight hiss when I turn them up all the way. So I check my connections, and everything seems fine. Still no dice on the sound. I doubt I busted them since I never turn them up full blast. I try the headphones through the remote and I get sound just fine. Odd. So maybe its the remote, I start moving it around and my sound comes back for the speakers. But the sound came on and off, very annoying. So I tried putting it in a position to get the sound to stay on. (like those antennas you have to move in the right spot to get your tv signal back) Works but it's pretty ghetto as I'm always moving the remote around.

Anyways, my question is. Is there anyway I can get a replacement remote for my speakers? I realise I have a very old model, so Is it even possible to plug one of the newer model's remotes up to my setup? Appreciate the help.

Seems nobody feels like helping out. The remote now seems completely unresponsive. I cannot turn my speakers on at all, or listen through my headphones. My warranty has been up for a while. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement?

looks like this...

pultjc8.jpg

:confused:

I have a T7700 remote that is just starting to make some magnetic sounding screaches at times. I think you can call the creative labs service line and check how much it would cost to ship you a new remote.

Back