• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help With Choosing Hardware for an SSF System – Intel Based

BenIT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
207
Im am looking to build myself a new system, my previous tower was a huge full size server tower (from Antec) and my reason for it was to host all my HD’s in that tower. Now I run a file server and no longer need so much local storage so I am considering an SSF.

What I do is professional photography, and hobby video editing using Adobe Premier Pro, and some audio editing and gaming. All my platforms until now have all been Intel based, and for this system I want to stick to that.

So my wish list in an SSF is as follows: Intel Based, Dual Raptor HD’s + plus one local Large HD, As much RAM as possible, A High End Graphics Board, And to pack all this into a good shuttle box.

What would you recommend, like which shuttle model to take, which processor, ram, Video Card… etc.? My budget is at $1500 to $2000.
 
Shuttle has a bunch of new intel ones coming out. Ide go for the P965-based one and pair it with 4gb of ddr2 and a conroe or 900 series cpu
 
4GB is a little excessive isn't? You really only need 2.

I would suggest camping out for a couple of weeks to a month until Conroe SFF comes out. By then the CPU's price would have dropped also.

That's what I'm doing.
 
Thing is that I really need to make my move on it alredy. My current system is crapping out on me, its really sad!

Ive read a review of the Shuttle SN37P2 and that sounds promising, my only concer with it is that lack of the card reader. but i was wondering how long it would take for it to become availabe...
 
Back
Top