• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with choosing a laptop

Rasmus0909

n00b
Joined
Nov 8, 2011
Messages
4
So as the subject states, I'm getting a laptop. Mainly for school use, but it's also a necessity that it can handle some games such as LoL, Starcraft, D3 and maybe BF3 if I'm lucky.
The budget is at a 1000$, so if you're gonna post anything that costs more, it better be the best price to performance ratio I've seen in a long time. This is what I'm looking at right now.
http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/760532
 
The reason I'm getting is that my backpack actually has a special compartment for laptops, and it can hold up to 17,3" so I figured a 17,3" would probably be more snug in there.
 
I don't think the $1000 laptop you buy should be dependent on what $30 backpack you own but I'm just old fashioned like that. I think the wiser decision is to buy a laptop based on your bathroom dimensions. 17 inches is overkill for gaming while you shit in my opinion. Far too much surface area for ecoli.
 
^ Pretty much. 17" for school is pretty dadgum big if you want to carry it around and use it. Personally I'd suggest a 14", though 15" wouldn't be too awful. If you've also got a desktop I'd amend my suggestion to sub13".

Try Sager and see if you see something you like? XoticPC apparently does a good job on gaming laptops, and apparently you want a gaming laptop you can use for school as well (as opposed to a laptop for school that could also do some light gaming).
 
Back
Top