Need help with bios update...

Dudenell

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
146
So I need help with a bios update, I have a gigabyte z68xp-ud4 motherboard and a i7-3770k processor. The motherboard needs a bios update before the processor can work... Does anyone have any ideas into either tricking the motherboard into booting or does anyone live in the Syracuse, NY area that's willing to help out (will pay for use of your processor to update)

Thanks in advance
 
Its not clear from your post whether you may be able to go back to the previous CPU with same MB?
Sorry if that not the case.
 
So I need help with a bios update, I have a gigabyte z68xp-ud4 motherboard and a i7-3770k processor. The motherboard needs a bios update before the processor can work... Does anyone have any ideas into either tricking the motherboard into booting or does anyone live in the Syracuse, NY area that's willing to help out (will pay for use of your processor to update)

Thanks in advance

Why not call Gigabyte?
 
So you have a new CPU (the 3770-K) and a motherboard that does not have the F6 BIOS revision that supports the CPU correct?

Also you don't have an older SandyBridge CPU to place in the board and flash to the new F6 BIOS?

If you bought this MB brand new, I'd simply return it to the retailer and ask for a model with the F6 BIOS.

I do not think you can flash this board without a CPU.....some of the newer ASUS boards allow that, but this one doesn't seem to have that feature.
 
I have no previous cpu that worked with this motherboard, I wish I did but I don't. And yeah I need the F6 update and I don't have it (never booted it before).

really hoping I can find someone with a SB processor that I can use to just get the bios update. Otherwise I have to RMA the board to gigabyte (this is what a gigabyte tech said)
 
Back
Top