Need help with Belkin Router!!!

Ok.. I have a Belkin wireless router model #F5D7230-4. I am having a problem with the strenght of my signal from my laptop to my router. My router is only 8in. away from my laptop and my signal strength is only showing 48.0mbps and only 4 bars instead of 5 bars. So I conect into the eithernet port and the conection is not any better. All of my pages load up slow.

Am I able to conect both my Eithernet and my wireless and run them both at the same time? Is there anything that I can do to make things load up faster?

I should let you know that my internet is Satalite Internet through DirecWay.(its all I can have here) :-( also My router is not WEP. It is open. And I am running a 2 Dell XPS M140 w/ wireless 802.11g on my Belkin F5D7230-4 router.

Any help is great!

Thanks

DnDComputers said:
Ok.. I have a Belkin wireless router model #F5D7230-4. I am having a problem with the strenght of my signal from my laptop to my router. My router is only 8in. away from my laptop and my signal strength is only showing 48.0mbps and only 4 bars instead of 5 bars. So I conect into the eithernet port and the conection is not any better. All of my pages load up slow.

Am I able to conect both my Eithernet and my wireless and run them both at the same time? Is there anything that I can do to make things load up faster?

I should let you know that my internet is Satalite Internet through DirecWay.(its all I can have here) :-( also My router is not WEP. It is open. And I am running a 2 Dell XPS M140 w/ wireless 802.11g on my Belkin F5D7230-4 router.

Any help is great!

Thanks
48mbps is way, way, way faster than your internet connection provides. Sattelite internet is known for being relatively slow and high-latency. Your requests will take a second or two to even get to the server, so the internet will feel a bit slow. It has nothing to do with your router.

My pages were loading up faster then they are now the other day. Plus I keep loosing connection every once in a while. If I am only 8in away from my router how come I only have a GOOD signal? Shouldnt it be Excelent?

I thought that I want that on so that it makes the connection faster.

EDIT:

Ok ... I turned off the turbo setting on my Belkin Router and the pages are loading faster! I also defraged the HDD.

DnDComputers said:
I thought that I want that on so that it makes the connection faster.

EDIT:

Ok ... I turned off the turbo setting on my Belkin Router and the pages are loading faster! I.

It only works if you have their matching NICs. Unfortunately by default Belkin has that enabled. If you're not using their matching NICs..performance suffers with it enabled.

As you noticed...and I've noticed many times, this setting does make a difference.

Back