• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help with Audigy

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
3,381
I have a creative audigy card & its not working right. For some reason windows7 64 bit does not recognize the drivers & creates a conflict..Also I just bought a gigabyte ga p55a & the onboard sound is not working...What is wrong, how can I troubleshoot this?
 
I believe Creative is still having issues with its win7 64bit drivers so you're out of luck there. As far as the onboard not working, make sure that you remove all the creative drives and the audigy card before you start trying to use it and make sure you install the lastest drivers for the chipset from Gigabytes site. http://www.gigabyte.us/
 
Last edited:
perhaps the drivers doesnt support windows 7 64bit? i had a similar issue with my sound blaster live it only supported XP so i had to buy a new sound card for vista
 
Well the sound is working however it doesnt sound as loud & a bit scatchy. There has to be drivers for 7
 
I have a creative audigy card & its not working right. For some reason windows7 64 bit does not recognize the drivers & creates a conflict..Also I just bought a gigabyte ga p55a & the onboard sound is not working...What is wrong, how can I troubleshoot this?

remove the audigy, problem solved.

i had a aud 2 in my system, but there is no point. most (if not all) mb sound chips are equal or better then that card.
 
Well the sound is working however it doesnt sound as loud & a bit scatchy. There has to be drivers for 7

maybe your card went bad or something. check to see if any capacitors are bulging or if one of them is blown
 
Is onboard sound enabled already in BIOS or does it need to be enabled? I dont see it anymore in my gigbyte ga p55a mb bios.
 
Back
Top