Need help with an AMD oc

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
2,854
hey guys I'm helping my buddy oc his amd system. I am not sure how to hep him since I have only oc'd my intel system. Here are his specs

AMD X2 4600 2.4 gig
Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 (with most current bios update)
G.Skill 2 x 1gig ddr2 800mhz (the red kit that like 10000 people have)

Can someone make a recommendation as to what to change to get him up? Unfortunately he is running stock cooler with decent thermal grease.

TIA!
 
"stock cooler" doesn't help much... especially since there were multiple different "stock" coolers for the X2s.

Does it have 4 heatpipes and is it a low profile or regular size?

Which of the 3-4 different fans does it have?

If he really wan't to OC on the stock heatsink (regular profile 4-heatpipe design), you will want to mod the fan so it runs at full speed all the time. It has a temnp sensor on it and you can "short" the thermal sensor leads together to make it run at full speed. Either that or you can try a pencil mod on the thermal sensor if it is the correct type.
 
yeah I stock fan blows(sarcastic =) ) but what we are trying to establiush what to change in the bios here is a pic of his bios

I think the multiplier is @ 12 cuz the mhz is @ 200 and his cpu is rated @ 2.4gig. We are looking to get it to 2.6gig so what would be the best setup for that?
 
Back
Top