Need help with AMD drivers

insane111

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
196
Ok, here is my situation

My setup
:
1. Stereo, with the HDMI input going to my HD 6900 card
2. Stereo, with the HHDMi output going to my projector as a 2nd monitor
3. This should work, but in the sound options it says "AMD High Definition Audio - NOT PLUGGED IN
4. I can hear the confirmation sounds (on my normal PC speakers) when I unplug and plug the cable back in

I I am 99% sure this is a driver issue, because when I upgraded my AMD driver it caused this problem. Before that everything worked. I no longer have access to the old driver to roll back. Does anyone know a solution to this problem please?
 
Last edited:
I had the exact same issue with my 6950 after installing the 15.7.1 drivers.

So, I hopped on Guru3d, downloaded 14.12 again, and everything worked as it should....

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-catalyst-14-12-whql-omega-download.html

There ya go

Thanks! This sounds lik eit could work.

Could you do me one more favor and post a direct link to the file download please? I'm having... a certain issue :p



Also: To the ifrst replyer, removing the AMD audio driver did not work. It simply changed it to a generic HDmi output, but still says unplugged.
 
It sounds a lot like you just need to set the default audio device to the receiver. Windows does a very poor job of supporting multiple audio outputs. You can do it in sound manager or this program lets you switch really quickly: http://audioswit.ch/er
 
Back
Top