Need help with AHCI Intel Drivers on X79.

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Hey guys. I just got done putting my new machine together, and am trying to get W7 installed. Only thing is, this AHCI (6Gb) controller is giving me a tone of grief. I tried using the "Make Disk" feature, and manually copy and pasting the files to my USB key and no luck. I always get the driver signing error. Note this is all for pre-windows installation. I can't install windows without the drivers because it will crap out at 1%. Any ideas?:confused:

in various "driver" and "install" folders 3.0.0.2003 driver pak - which ones did you try?
AHCI??
(X64)
23hq051.jpg

qyx1k6.jpg

2upag5e.jpg

Yeah tried all of those. Update to this though. I was messing around and finally got Windows installed without installing the "F6" drivers for AHCI first. Windows installed in AHCI mode and from there I was able to install the driver software for the Intel controllers. The only thing I did was unplug my 1.5TB storage drive. Once I got everything installed and updated I plugged the storage drive back in, formatted it, and everything was normal. I don't know why that would cause an issue. Oh well it's working!

I don't know if this helps, but I installed 7 with only my primary drive installed in the Intel SATA3 port, the top one. I had no problems. Then I went back and installed all the others drives and their drivers when necessary.

Back