Need help with Adata DDR3 2400 8GB

natos

Limp Gawd
Hi Guys,

I just upgraded my system, and haven't done so in like 8 years. So honestly, alot of the new settings look alien to me, and I need help putting in the right settings. I have everything installed at default settings of 1600mhz.

When i try to enable XMP settings for 2400 mhz, the system starts bluescreening.

At 1600mhz, it is rock solid. Can you guys please tell me how to manually set the CPU and memory timings, so that the CPU is not so overstressed?

AMD A10-7700
Gigabyte G2- A88XM D3H
ADATA DDR3 2400 8GB.

It may simply be that you need to increase the DRAM voltage a bit to get the memory stable at that clock speed. I've owned a motherboard in the past that said it supported certain OC speeds, but the reality was I had to overvolt the memory for it to work. Try increasing the voltage by a hundredth until you find a stable setting. Before you do that, though, make sure that you're starting at the ADATA tested voltage of 1.65v.

It looks like your memory is on the tested and supported list from Gigabyte, so if you continue having issues you could contact their support to find out how to get it stable. Officially, though, the AMD A10-7700K only supports up to DDR3-2133.

Back