need help with abit ip35 pro drivers...

cobragsr

Gawd
i'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what is wrong with my pc..

i've been having BSOD's.. its saying jraid.sys is causing the problem when i checked the .dmp file.

this is a fresh install of xp 32 with sp3 installed.

i have a 74 gig raptor and a 80 gig connected to the SATA ports.. (intel)
i have a 500 gb ide and an 120 gb ide drive connected to the ide controller.. (jmicron)

all drives are healthy, defragged and is in good state..

intel sata drivers are dated: 9/25/2007.. version 8.3.0.1016 (straight from intels website)

jmicron jmb36x are dated: 2/19/2009 .. version 1.17.47.11
- (i've also tested the drivers dated 3/25/2009 .. version 1.17.48.07)

all drivers are WHQL certified.

what i am asking is.. my fellow abit owners with the ip35 pro board.. what driver versions are you using? and do you experience any stuttering while playing music?? or does your mouse sometimes stop and works again?? have any of you experienced any of these symtoms?.... when i play music.. sometimes it'll just stutter for a quick second or two and continue playing.. im not sure why.. same goes for my mouse.. randomly it would stop if i'm moving it from one end of the screen to the other.. and ill have to wait until it picks up again.. this shit is driving me nuts!

please advise me.. this is driving me crazy.. :mad:

i hope i didn't confuse anyone.. this "stuttering" problem is really getting to me..

Take a look at your Windows error log. I have a feeling that your Raptor might actually be the culprit. I had a similar issue on my IP-35 while running the Intel ICH9R in RAID mode. The Raptor kept timing out for whatever reason. I didn't realize until I checked the log and had tons of controller errors due to my Raptor.

Edit: I don't know if it's the Raptor or the controller. The only solution I found that worked was running the ICH9R in IDE mode, which wasn't a solution I was willing to use, so I just removed the Raptor. I think you could try running it on the JMicron controller SATA port with the JMicron set to IDE mode (which you probably want to leave in IDE mode anyway). See if that works.

Last edited:
To put it simply JMicron drivers can be quite unstable. On my Abit IP35 Pro board I had constant problems with crashes - most of them taking the form of a BSOD caused by the JMicron drivers on both XP and Vista (32-bit drivers on XP, 64-bit on Vista).

Since all my drives were connected to the Intel ICH controller, I decided to totally uninstall the JMicron drivers and set the controller to IDE mode in BIOS. Ever since then my system has been rock solid.

I am currently using version 7.8.0.1012 of the Intel RAID drivers, if that helps you any.

Do NOT use the JMicron drivers ever. They are written by brain damaged baboons, from everything I can tell. They are also NOT required, even when using the ATAPI ports.

Use the latest Intel Matrix drivers. I prefer AHCI overtop of RAID, but both modes have no significant performance difference.

i took all of your advices and put it into consideration. i moved all my devices off the jmicron controller. the system seems to behaving better than before.. i hope.. been running for 14 hours without a BSOD yet. :p

ok onto with the intel drivers.. i don't really use raid.. but in my bios the intel controller is set to IDE.. i was wondering.. you guys suggested that i should run the raid drivers.. and my question is.. don't i need to be running a raid setup to use the raid drivers? i'm clueless because i've never used raid before..

if i can use the raid drivers for just regular ide mode... can one of you guys link me to it? i wanna test out the ones you guys are using.. because it looks like i have bad decision skills picking the right driver.. :D

also since my controller is set on ide.. is there a way for me to switch to AHCI or RAID without doing a recovery on my OS after i changed the setting in the bios? (i read this somewhere on the forum that it might be a problem if i switch from one to another).

kudos!

Last edited:
Back