Need help with a slipstream CD with G33 chipset drivers

Hard and Confused

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, I'm trying to help a friend get his $90 outta the XP home he purchased from the Egg for his Pavilion a6303w and so far I've found that you need to make a slipstream CD with the G33 chipset drivers to stop the BSOD's during install.

From what I have gathered thus far its easiest to use an SP2 disk to make the slipstream files but the one he bought was the SP3B disk so I DL'd an XP Home SP2.iso and also I got the latest nLite but to this point I'm having no luck getting the friggen G33 drivers to install either using his SP3B disk or the SP2.iso I dl'd.

So far the slipstream CD's I've made with the SP2 and SP3B media are causing BSOD's in the same place so I'm thinking maybe I'm using the wrong driver files?

I have winrar and was unable to extract the files from the G3 installer so instead I launched the .exe and let it put the files in the system32/temp folder then I coppied the 4 folders from there which were " IPMx2 , IPMx4 , IPMx5 and IPMx6 ". The files I think I need are in the folder "ALL " in IPMx2 " as thats the only one that has .inf files in it.

Does anyone know if I'm using the right files for the G33 chipset drivers or am I making some sorta mistake somewhere else ?

If anyone needs more info I can provide it but TBH this is my first time slipstreaming an OS cd so I'm kinda clueless but I did spend the last day googling my ass off and I think I'm doing everything right but maybe I'm missing a step or using the wrong media somewhere.

Change the BIOS to not use AHCI mode for the SATA controller, and then you shouldn't need any special drivers loaded. If he doesn't have it already, use AutoStreamer to make him a legit XP Home SP3 disc.

K, it has 3 options for SATA, IDE, RAID and ACHI, it was on RAID so I switched it to IDE and am trying his SP3B disk again.

IDE is probably what you want then. I can see why you would have been having issues if it was set to RAID.

yeh, many newer pc's have the bios set for AHCI, Vista has no problem with it, but XP needs a driver.
I just turn it off on all my installs

AHCI just allows for faster disk access and NCQ. By using IDE mode you're not able to benefit from those options. Depending on the use, I doubt many would notice a difference.

If you do decide to use AHCI, I'd suggest using nLite to slipstream the drivers.

www.nliteos.com

Back