Need help with a Radeon 9700P

Angelus897

Gawd
Hello everyone. I just received a Radeon 9700 Pro which has been volt modded, and has a Zalman heatsink. Here's the problem, when I install it, my PC won't boot (not even to the POST screen). I tried everything from resetting the bios to disabling AGP8X and Fast Writes. I also thought it was a PSU problem (though I have a 350W psu), so I disconnected everything but one HDD, mobo, and the card, and it still wouldn't boot. I have a POST Port on my mobo (epox 8RDA3I), and it reads the problem as 1d. In the instructions 1d is translated into "Initial EARLY_PM_INIT switch".

Anyways, any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

I don't know if you're still working this problem or not, but I've had a 9700 Pro for about a year and a half now on 2 different m/bs with no problems. I just upgraded to an Athlon 64 3000+ and a Chaintech VNF3-250 m/b and when I boot with the 9700 Pro, I see the same results. This m/b doesn't have a new bios update yet, so I can't try that. When I run with an old Radeon 7200, it boots fine. ATI references this type of problem with the 9700 Pros here and here. I'm going to be calling ATI later today to see what they do warranty wise for this issue (I don't know if this is only a problem with early 9700 Pros or with all of them).

Who knows, maybe I can get a 9800 Pro out of it...

Anyways, let me know if you here anything new on this issue, and I'll update the thread as well.

Back