Need help with a Ghost image on the domain with the same profile...

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

Basically we have about 100 machines out in the field that are the exact same. We are ghosting hard drives to deploy them out there. We have a Windows 2003 domain and every computer is using XP Pro. I want everyone who logs into the domain to get the exact same user profile. The problem is that when a new user logs in they get the default XP profile.

Is there an easy way to set everyone to have the same profile?

Replace the default user profile on the image with your customized one. Rename default user under documents and settings and then copy the profile you want to that location, calling IT default user. It will be the profile everyone gets when they login for the first time. Did you want them to always have the same one no matter where they go and when they login, or just the first time?

I would like them to always have the same profile no matter what. The only reason anyone should have anything change is if we install some application they need.

99% of our users access everything they need through Citrix MetaFrame. Some users need applications at the desktop level, that is the only time I would want them to change.

Here is the solution I found but it doesnt work well.

1. Log into the domain as user A and create the desired profile to leave on the image
2. Log into the domain with a user B and they get the default profile
3. Log in as the administrator and copy the profile A to profile B
4. Now when I log in as user B the profile is about correct but some things are a little different.

Ah, didnt think about default user cause it was hidden. I tried all users before but it didnt work. I shall try the default folder but that will be Monday.

Uh, did my post just get skipped or what? Sorry I wasn't clear enough...

Moving the profile to the default user worked perfectly, thanks

Back