Need help with a component build list

Obmas

Limp Gawd
This is what I've come up with so far but I still need to decide on a PSU and a cooling method. I really want to do phase change cooling but then I still have to WC everything else. So advice on WC and WC+PC solutions? I've used the Koolance Exos in the past and it developed a stress a crack and sprung a leak after the warranty was up but it was great up until then, lol. I can't seem to find any places online that are selling the prometia mach 2 gt with the case and I'd rather not try to hack up a case. So many stores are out of stock. And the one place I had bookmarked before is also out of stock. I want to OC a lot obviously. I'm just so torn on the PSU and Cooling setup so any help is greatly appreciated. I'd hate to air cool this.

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
ASUS Rampage Extreme
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 2000 TW3X4G2000C9DF
LIAN LI PC-V1100APIIC

Western Digital Caviar Green
EVGA 01G-P3-1289-A1 GeForce GTX 280 Hydro
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD
LG Black 6X Blu-ray Disc Burner GGW-H20LK
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

Do you already have the Raptor? If not, you'd surely be getting the Velociraptor, no? Does that super-high-end X-fi card bring anything you need that the generic version doesn't?

Yeah, the uber one has optical in and out. There is a cheaper one that has the same ports but sound is kind of important for my uses so I'll spring for the extra $40 just in case what I read about different ram was right, lol. I'll look at the velociraptor. I've bought nothing yet. It's just sitting in my newegg wishlist until I can hit buy with confidence.

Definately check out the Velociraptor, much better than the older Raptors. Might want to check eBay for one of them also - the 30% cashback from Microsoft gives some tasty prices there.

Back