Need help with 6950 UL/OC issue.

mhenley

[H]ard|Gawd
Old card died, couldn't wait any longer for 7xxx series, so I grabbed a MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II from a local store (with internet price matching, of course). Brought it home, read the articles, unlocked the shaders with RBE, then moved to overclocking. She's at 840/1325 right now and showing no signs of issues, other than the fact that I can't move the sliders any more. Oddly enough, I tried flashing with a few different 6970 bioses but they apparently wouldn't take, it always reverted back to my unlocked 6950 bios. I even tried RBE signature import from a few 6970's to increase clock limit, no success.

Any suggestions?

6950-1.jpg

***SOLVED***

Found this article. Tool used for registry hack, how I have headroom to work with.
http://www.techimo.com/forum/graphi...9-enable-higher-overclocks-ccc-reg-entry.html

Last edited:
don't run the 6970 bios on it, I know the MSI Twin Frozr are better than the reference but you can still screw up the card within a few weeks due to the higher memory. Do you actually need it higher than that? My card is the same settings and there's nothing it won't play at full speed.

@ matteos - Just trying to juice it up a little more so that I can go from high to ultra on bf3 without dropping below 30fps.

Mhenley my friend your using the old version of MSI afterburner (2.1.0). For better functionality download the newest version

2.2.0 Beta 8 http://downloads.guru3d.com/MSI-Afterburner-2.2.0-Beta-8_d2799.html

BTW one of my favorite features of afterburner is the on screen display, I suggest you get familiar with it. You can even monitor your video memory usage now.

Anyway how far have you tried to push your card at this point? I bet at 6970 voltage (1.175v) you can surpass 950mhz on the core.

Downloaded the MSI-AB beta shortly after my last post (great minds think alike), and currently tests have me at 6950 stock voltage stable (so far) at 900/1400.

Back