Need help with 3x1 display group plus 1 extended Eyefinity configuration

hurleybird

Weaksauce
Hey gents,

I have a very strange and annoying problem with eyefinity that is on the verge of driving me nuts.

I'm running 3x1 eyefinity at 5760*1200, across 3 HP LP2475w's, two of which are connected via display port with the other connected via DVI.

The +1 extended group is a Smyth A8 Realiser (an audio device) connected via HDMI.

Here's the problem: Despite the fact that everything sets up correctly my 3x1 eyefinity display group does not survive turning my monitors off and on. If I do, then all three monitors display the same 1920*1200 image despite the fact the CCC believes they still comprise a 3x1 group. Both CCC and Windows show the maximum resolution of the group as 1920*1200, not 5760*1200 as it should be. In order to get the 3x1 group to function properly again I need to disable it and rebuild it from scratch. That process for some reason disables the extended group, so I then need to re-extend the Realiser.

Having to do this every time I turn my monitors off and on has proven to be highly annoying, to the point where I'm itching to jump ship to Nvidia next generation just to be rid of the hassle.

The most odd thing? If I restart my computer without turning any of the monitors off everything survives. Doesn't make much sense, right?

So if anyone has experienced something similar and can help, I expect this is the place to ask. I can't see AMD support helping me in any way with such an obscure problem. FYI, I'm running the latest Cat 12.11 Beta 11, with Windows 7 ultimate.

Don't the monitors go into power saving mode when you shut off the PC? I never shut off my monitors for my NVsurround config

Back