• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with 1100~ build

Ryan711

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
1,173
I want to build a decent gaming machine for about 1100 dollars I have some of the parts picked out, but need some advise on the others. ps. I don't plan to overclock now, but plan to in the future when the need arises.

Here are my parts
skt939 3000+ -150
msi neo2 plat. -140
bfg 6800 vanilla -250
80GB WD hdd -60(already have one for my xbox, so I might use that)
Case/psu Antec case /w 430w psu- 125
nec 16x dual dvd burner. 65~
xp home 90~
now, I don't know what ram to get, it doesn't need to be good overclocking ram, because I will probably buy new ram if i overclock, I would like to keep it around 150-165 so I have a few dollars for kb/m. I have monitor and speakers. What do you think of my parts so far.
 
everything is great

but i'd get the awsome DFI Ultra-D at zipzoomfly while there still there for 147 shipped 2day and a 6600 PCI E ( same prices as your 6800 vanilla but better card)

as far as the ram, I suggest you get you get atleast a GiG of ram. Why get cheap ram now and spend more later to OC? Get the good stuff now and it'll outlast your CPU for a good while.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...roduct_Code=190474&Category_Code=nvidia-PCI-E

and

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=246486
 
does that dfi support sli or not, i see it has 2 pci express slots.
 
Back
Top