Need help.....Win 10 Optimizations?

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
So i got a Yoga 700 for my trip and it has Win 10. I know now how to remove all the BS in 7 that makes it slow. How do i remove all that transition crap in 10?

The easiest way to remove bloat ware is to just re Install w10 from a clean media iso/usb. Since it was already actiavted, no key is needed.

Then in order to remove the bloat from vanilla windows 10, there are many "spy removal" or privacy apps. I'm on mobile or I'd link them.

It might help to get an idea of how much extra stuff Lenovo is preloading.
already removed lenovo preload stuff.

I am talking about all the BS transitions (fades, swooping, and so on).

The spyware removal would be nice too.

How can i clean install a laptop with an oem key?

You just need clean install media. Since the machine has already been activated with 10, the key is stored with Microsoft associated with its hardware configuration. You shouldn't even be asked for a key during install, and if you are choose "skip" or whatever the option is and it will activate automatically once it's online.

You just need clean install media. Since the machine has already been activated with 10, the key is stored with Microsoft associated with its hardware configuration. You shouldn't even be asked for a key during install, and if you are choose "skip" or whatever the option is and it will activate automatically once it's online.
interesting. Do you have a source for the media for install?

Also what are those spy ware removel stuff. I saw it posted once on here before but not sure if i can refind it.

Also how do i remove all the transition BS.

The easiest way to remove bloat ware is to just re Install w10 from a clean media iso/usb. Since it was already actiavted, no key is needed.

Then in order to remove the bloat from vanilla windows 10, there are many "spy removal" or privacy apps. I'm on mobile or I'd link them.

It is better to use a purged ISO like the Privacy Edition of W10 NTSB Enterprise...that is available via your favorite Linux ISO distributor.

W10 has a gigabyte+ of crap you cannot remove in OS.

already removed lenovo preload stuff.

I am talking about all the BS transitions (fades, swooping, and so on).

The spyware removal would be nice too.

How can i clean install a laptop with an oem key?

- Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Make it easier to focus on tasks -> Disable all unnecessary animation (note: This has been in Windows since Vista)

- Not going to comment on the "spyware."

- OEM (ie. firmware embedded key) systems can just be reinstalled and it is supposed to pull the key. If it doesn't, there's ways to get it.

It is better to use a purged ISO like the Privacy Edition of W10 NTSB Enterprise...that is available via your favorite Linux ISO distributor.

Does the standard retail key that is already stored and activated just work per the usual?

I have re Installed vanilla windows 10 over everything I've bought pre made (laptops). Then I spend hours removing trash from vanilla windows...

is where is that?

so yea i cant get the yoga 700 to boot froma usb no matter what i do.

dont have dropbox set up yet on phone. I can post photos alter but i have fast boot off, enabled usb boot, and have usb first...all 3 of them at that.

Last edited:
so yea i cant get the yoga 700 to boot froma usb no matter what i do.

dont have dropbox set up yet on phone. I can post photos alter but i have fast boot off, enabled usb boot, and have usb first...all 3 of them at that.
"No matter what I do." What have you tried? When it starts to boot you can mash the F12 key to enter the boot menu and select a device to boot from. If the USB drive doesn't show up as a bootable device you might have to either set the boot flag using fdisk or similar utility, or reformat the drive partition to be bootable.

F12 does nto work. you push a side button and it opens a menu where u select bios or boot order.

Dropbox - Yoga 700 BIOS

everything u see there i have tried. It still always boots to desktop.

EDIT yea i just doubled checked and the usb install media does work on another computer so it is the Y700 not booting off the usb drive.

Had to double check that of course :D That would be a silly user error to use a bad usb drive :whistle: but a last it is something wrong with boot menu :(

Last edited:
F12 does nto work. you push a side button and it opens a menu where u select bios or boot order.

Dropbox - Yoga 700 BIOS

everything u see there i have tried. It still always boots to desktop.

EDIT yea i just doubled checked and the usb install media does work on another computer so it is the Y700 not booting off the usb drive.

Had to double check that of course :D That would be a silly user error to use a bad usb drive :whistle: but a last it is something wrong with boot menu :(
any ideas guys?

Just skimmed the thread so pardon if it was suggested, but have you tried disabling hybrid sleep/fast startup? Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Have you located the 'novo' little round button? Have you tried punching it like a speedball all the way from turn on to 'loading windows'?
didn't try the hybrid sleep thing. I due shut down and its fully powered off and I go into BIOS and restart from BIOS and that doesn't work so it shouldn't be still in hybrid sleep but i can try it later. Its now too late for me to really figure this all out before my trip so i'll just have to stick with default lenovo windows.

novo button? you mean the button to go into bios?

didn't try the hybrid sleep thing. I due shut down and its fully powered off and I go into BIOS and restart from BIOS and that doesn't work so it shouldn't be still in hybrid sleep but i can try it later. Its now too late for me to really figure this all out before my trip so i'll just have to stick with default lenovo windows.

novo button? you mean the button to go into bios?

Yeah, the little 'go to bios' one. Laptop vendors all seem to have a special button of their own :D

I had the boot issue and bios setup issue with hybrid sleep enabled with 8 and 8.1 on some Lenovo, so I'm guessing that's your culprit.

Yeah, the little 'go to bios' one. Laptop vendors all seem to have a special button of their own :D

I had the boot issue and bios setup issue with hybrid sleep enabled with 8 and 8.1 on some Lenovo, so I'm guessing that's your culprit.
K noted. If i somehow have time before i leave i'll try it

Aww. Sorry to hear that, I was really hoping that was it.

Well, some other usual suspects I can remember: switch off AHCI - go to legacy IDE mode.
Go inside the 'hard disk priority' which should be near 'first boot device' 'second boot device' etc.- make sure USB isn't bumped down.
'Boot other devices'
'Legacy USB storage detect.'
Try a USB 2.0 port (black plastic key instead of blue for USB3).
Toggle all things XHCI, EHCI, USB in general...
Remove your fixed drive from the boot devices...
I'll edit in if I recall anything else, I really hate when that happens.
Maybe use Yumi to prepare the USB media? Unless that is already it lol

only has 3.0 slots and i used MS website for the creation so not sure what yumi is.

Well i dont have anymore time to deal with it so whatever...stupid lenovo.

only has 3.0 slots and i used MS website for the creation so not sure what yumi is.

Well i dont have anymore time to deal with it so whatever...stupid lenovo.

If you have an ISO of the media, Yumi is a way to have a bootable thumbdrive with a nice menu so you can choose what to boot.

yea but if it doesn't work already how is yumi going to help?

Well, it may contain better bootstrap code. Sort of like... an outdated Windows Installer can't sometimes detect your HDD but a newer Installer does (because it's more robust).

And as a bonus, Yumi lets you have a thumbdrive with multiple Installers and Bootable Toolkits like Hiren :)

Well, it may contain better bootstrap code. Sort of like... an outdated Windows Installer can't sometimes detect your HDD but a newer Installer does (because it's more robust).

And as a bonus, Yumi lets you have a thumbdrive with multiple Installers and Bootable Toolkits like Hiren :)
interesting. noted. I wont have time to mess with laptop but i'll keep it in mind in the future

Back