• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help: Where to start when OC FX-53

cruz610

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
354
Before I get hugely flamed, YES, I DO KNOW HOW TO OVERCLOCK. That being said I don't know how to overclock AMD :D Been an intel whore up until now when I get to jump on the "AMD bending Intel over and givin it to em" bandwagon. This thing already screams, but I would love to know the best ways to push it. I think I remember reading way back when the first thing to do is drop the multi from 12 to 11 or 11.5 and increase the FSB? 11*220 = 2420, 12*200 = 2400 so its roughly the same thing. This would however bump up my ram bandwith would it not? Just learning the basics with this whole fully unlocked multi stuff :D
 
well I am going to skip past voltage/corespeed since you say you know what you are doing.

For me its always multi until it shows problems, then FSB to get to the closest stable setting found, then tweaking up farther by 1 mhz increases, then after finding the fastest the processor can go without crapping I tighten down ram timings.

Usually takes a couple of nights with prime95 stability runs.

This is information coming from the XP side of things, so take it for what its worth.
 
Carnival Forces said:
EDIT: WAIT, before anything, do this:
Prime95[TortureTest] your computer overnight tonight, to make sure it's stable, if it's not, then you have to find out what's wrong and fix that before going on.


here's a basic method:

1. set your RAM timings to the most relaxed they can go.
2. set all your other settings to the most lax (least aggressive) possible (make sure your AGP/PCI is locked)
3. OC your Proc by ~10 MHz
4. Boot into Windows and Prime95 Torture Test for 4 hours
5. While(No Errors)
GOTO 3
6. Repeat steps 3-5 , replacing "Proc" w/ "Vid. Card"
7. Start tightening your RAM settings, Prime95'ing to make sure no errors.
8. Once RAM is as tight as possible, let the computer Prime95 Torture Test over-night; if no errors, you are successful XD

note: the entire process should take about 3-5 days, it's slow, but it allows your hardware to gradually burn-in; lowering the chance of failure; and upping you max OC.

gl/hf :D

but, what i would change, is when OCing the Vid. Card, don't forget to test w/ 3dMark , as well. :D good luck!

btw, if you have a SATA drive, tough luck, but the OC will suck...
 
Back
Top