Need help w/ nForce mobo + Ethernet

morningreis

[H]ard|Gawd
My system is i my sig. The problem I am having is with the onboard ethernet on my mobo.

Ok basically, it will not start. On boot, it will say it is renewing the IP, and it will fail less than a second after that, and it will keep doing this over and over. I did nothing to incite it AT ALL. I was just browsing the internet, when all of a sudden I lose connection and I see that I can't get it back. Resetting my router has 0 effect. I have had this problem before and couldn't find a fix, I just ended up reinstalling XP and starting fresh. I'm using the latest nForce drivers 6.70. Uninstalled/reinstalled many times. Could the SM Bus driver have something to do with it?

I was thinking at first that it may be an IRQ conflict, that another device is taking up a certain IRQ number, and not allowing the ethernet adapter to work properly, but I don't know how to check it or even confirm if this is the problem because I have never had an IRQ conflict before.

I'm very sure that the hardware itself it OK though. This happened before, and once i reformatted it worked fine again, so i doubt it's a hardware level problem.

If there's anything you need to know, ask so that I can get the problem fixed. My comp is folding now and I want to be able to upload it :)

Thanks

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4978

Looks like you're not the only one.

I've got an ECS nforce3-a mobo with onboard nvidia nforce network controller card .. I'm having issues connecting my networked computers at home, but can access the internet fine.. so I don't know if the card is my issue or not.. but you may want to check out that forum I posted for more insight.

Good luck

Eh I got fed up with trying to deal with it. I installed Windows more times than I can count this week, and I don't want to troubleshoot >.< I just disabled the NIC in BIOS and put in a Linksys 100Mb NIC from my other PC. Problem is still ther, just doesn't affect me now :)

It just happened to me too when I came back to college. Luckily, I disabled mine and used the Marvell one instead :p

Back