• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help w/ DVD+R ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1a^_^

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 3, 2007
Messages
316
I want to download DVDs from my PC and then watch them on my T.V.
I bit-torrent all my movies, and I have an option where I can burn them. I tried that, disc was finished burning after a minute or two - surprisingly fast I may add, and it failed to work with the DVD player.

Now, what am I doing wrong here? Do I need to DL a certain program that is needed to make DVDs?
Btw, I bought the right discs. (DVD+R) which correlates with my DVD burner.

I appreciate all the help I can get.
 
I want to download DVDs from my PC and then watch them on my T.V.
I bit-torrent all my movies, and I have an option where I can burn them. I tried that, disc was finished burning after a minute or two - surprisingly fast I may add, and it failed to work with the DVD player.

Now, what am I doing wrong here? Do I need to DL a certain program that is needed to make DVDs?
Btw, I bought the right discs. (DVD+R) which correlates with my DVD burner.

I appreciate all the help I can get.

To start off, that comment likely prevented any help 'round these parts. Secondly, because you are torrenting copyrighted works, there are a lot of fakes and bullshit files placed into the network by the MPAA/RIAA just to frustrate you into not downloading stuff. That could be part of your issue. You could have dl'd a virus, and you definitely need specific software to burn a DVD. You may even be getting Windows Media files which would need yet another piece of software to be converted before burning.
 
...I'm no fool. I'm not dl'ing any viruses and they aren't fakes. Now can we get on with the real issue? I didn't come here to get tossed around.
What software do I need to dl in order for it to be converted onto a CD?
I appreciate your help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top