Need help Using Xbox on AIW 9800 Pro

Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
31
Hi i recently purchased a 9800 AIW Pro. Ive got the card installed right, the input cables in and everythings connected right. Im trying to watch my xbox on my computer and Im not sure how to do it. Does anyone have any familiarity with this or any suggestions. THe Xbox output cabes are going into the cards input so everything there, I just need to find out what do do next (the manual really doesnt help. Thanks.
 
XavierFrost said:
Hi i recently purchased a 9800 AIW Pro. Ive got the card installed right, the input cables in and everythings connected right. Im trying to watch my xbox on my computer and Im not sure how to do it. Does anyone have any familiarity with this or any suggestions. THe Xbox output cabes are going into the cards input so everything there, I just need to find out what do do next (the manual really doesnt help. Thanks.


well you should have an option on that card to select the input. SVIDEO/TV Etc. Im sure you have a remote for that thing, and once it opens up the software, just pick the SVideo and bam. Thats it.
 
Ive opened up the tv setting, and have tried to switch the input to composite: my xbox uses the three rca cables (red, white, yellow) and I have plugged those into the purple input connector for the card. I am still getting a black screen however and am completely clueless as to where to go next. I have updated the drivers from ATI's website. help?
 
I have ujpdated all the drivers again and still no go. Is it possible that for some reason the composite input is screwed up? should I go out and buy an s-video xbox output cable so that I can try the s video input on the purple connector? anyone have any more suggestions?
 
probably should. I used to play it on my all in wonder, exactly the way you described, i plugged the a/v video cables into the purple connectors and flipped the ati tv to a/v input or composite or whatever, and it worked fine.
 
Back
Top