• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help - Unlocking Menu Samsung 243T

gswilder

n00b
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
5
On my new Samsung 243T, many of the menu options are grayed out and you cannot change then. Many of the menu panels say "Locked" on them.

For example, I can change Brightness, but not Contrast. Most of the Image and Color controls are locked.

How do I unlock them so I can change them. I am getting ready to color calibrate my monitor for photoshop and need to have access to these items. Is there some "easy" and "advanced mode" I can switch the monitor to?

Thanks in advance...

Greg
 
If you are connected via DVI, the options won't light, I think, as it is automatically set by the computer.
 
Since I cannot seem to control everything from the computer, how do I change these paramenters. I have one of the LCD color profiling devices. To setup color matching properly for good photo work, I have always had to adjust the monitor.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks....
 
Since the DVI connection is digital it displays the colors "exactly" as the computer intends to (why they made the interface in the first place). However, u can go into your display properties and under advanced you should be able to adjust contrast and the color profile.
 
If you connected via DVI, you will never be able to control the options through the LCD's hardware interface. You manually play around with the video controls under display properties, but those options that are greyed out in the hardware menu will always be greyed out.

That frustrated me quite a bit because I need access to my brightness and contrast when I'm watching movies or playing games. I can't go back to the desktop or switch menus. That's why I went back to analog vs DVI. If you must have those controls, use the blue analog VGA connector.
 
Spare-Flair said:
If you connected via DVI, you will never be able to control the options through the LCD's hardware interface. You manually play around with the video controls under display properties, but those options that are greyed out in the hardware menu will always be greyed out.

That frustrated me quite a bit because I need access to my brightness and contrast when I'm watching movies or playing games. I can't go back to the desktop or switch menus. That's why I went back to analog vs DVI. If you must have those controls, use the blue analog VGA connector.


He is correct, thats how my 213T is set up.It explains it in the manual. You can make a few adjustments the rest are grey out. If you attach via the analoug cable you will see the options available but If your screen is anything like my 213T then DVI is the way to go
 
Back
Top