I bought a set of PNY 2400-15-15-15@1.2 RAM sticks for this build. I wasn't expecting much but they turned out to be quite happy running 3000 15-15-15-35-1t on the MSI board I first ran.
I've switched to a Gigabyte Z170x-UD5 and the memory tweaking is kind of a pain in the ass because the board lacks profiles you can save, and it randomly decides to set some voltage settings to auto and enable Fast Boot to skip memory training without much warning.
Can someone help my out with some Micron DDR4 timings that have worked well for them? I'm at 3000 15-15-15-35-2t and can't get 1t to work about 2666 on this board no matter what I've tried. I'm hoping I can tighten down some stuff for better throughput or push for a higher clock if I can keep the timings reasonable.
Thanks in advance.
I've switched to a Gigabyte Z170x-UD5 and the memory tweaking is kind of a pain in the ass because the board lacks profiles you can save, and it randomly decides to set some voltage settings to auto and enable Fast Boot to skip memory training without much warning.
Can someone help my out with some Micron DDR4 timings that have worked well for them? I'm at 3000 15-15-15-35-2t and can't get 1t to work about 2666 on this board no matter what I've tried. I'm hoping I can tighten down some stuff for better throughput or push for a higher clock if I can keep the timings reasonable.
Thanks in advance.