Ok I am trying to seek the help of Nvidia card users to see if this bug is limited to certain model cards, or the line or etc. It very well could just be this exact model card but better to make sure than not.
Ok first thing is first, enable a interlaced resolution such as 800x600i, 1280x960i, or 1920x1080i etc. I am using the latest build of powerstrip with the crescendo systems PCI transcoder. These resolutions are typically used for HTPC to HDTV connections but can be displayed on some monitors. Be sure not to add these timings while you are on that resolution (ie do not add 800x600i if you are currently using 800x600). This will prevent you from messing up and not being able to see the display in case your monitor does not take the resolution. Then when you try to switch to the resolution it will ask if it has displayed properly and start counting down, it it hasnt then it will snap back to your previous resolution.
Make sure antialiasing is disabled as well as anistropic filtering for any testing.
Play a Direct 3d game at that interlaced resolution such as Far Cry, UT2K3, 3D Mark 2k3.
Open programs usch as Media Center Edition.
If either of the above have graphical corruption let me know
Also try enableing AA and see if it stops.
here are some pics for refrence:
http://www.mrmicro.net/joshua1/ut2k3.jpg
http://www.mrmicro.net/joshua1/ut2k32.jpg
http://www.mrmicro.net/joshua1/ut2k33.jpg
I had to take the above with a camera as it does not show up in screen grabs at all.
I would show the MCE interface but dont want to get in trouble
This does not happen in Open GL games
AA makes it go away
The Corruption does not appear in screen grabs at all, just on screen.
The card is preoverclocked from the manufacturer, I tried underclocking it but the corruption still appears.
All the resolutions at 60hz instead of 30hz do not have the corruption
I have been talking with the manufacturer of the card as well as nvidia for a while and this problem is being looked in to as we speak, but I would like more people to try this out and see if they are having problems.
Even if you only download 3dmark 2k3 to try to see if you are effected by this bug with interlaced resolutions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ok first thing is first, enable a interlaced resolution such as 800x600i, 1280x960i, or 1920x1080i etc. I am using the latest build of powerstrip with the crescendo systems PCI transcoder. These resolutions are typically used for HTPC to HDTV connections but can be displayed on some monitors. Be sure not to add these timings while you are on that resolution (ie do not add 800x600i if you are currently using 800x600). This will prevent you from messing up and not being able to see the display in case your monitor does not take the resolution. Then when you try to switch to the resolution it will ask if it has displayed properly and start counting down, it it hasnt then it will snap back to your previous resolution.
Make sure antialiasing is disabled as well as anistropic filtering for any testing.
Play a Direct 3d game at that interlaced resolution such as Far Cry, UT2K3, 3D Mark 2k3.
Open programs usch as Media Center Edition.
If either of the above have graphical corruption let me know
Also try enableing AA and see if it stops.
here are some pics for refrence:
http://www.mrmicro.net/joshua1/ut2k3.jpg
http://www.mrmicro.net/joshua1/ut2k32.jpg
http://www.mrmicro.net/joshua1/ut2k33.jpg
I had to take the above with a camera as it does not show up in screen grabs at all.
I would show the MCE interface but dont want to get in trouble
This does not happen in Open GL games
AA makes it go away
The Corruption does not appear in screen grabs at all, just on screen.
The card is preoverclocked from the manufacturer, I tried underclocking it but the corruption still appears.
All the resolutions at 60hz instead of 30hz do not have the corruption
I have been talking with the manufacturer of the card as well as nvidia for a while and this problem is being looked in to as we speak, but I would like more people to try this out and see if they are having problems.
Even if you only download 3dmark 2k3 to try to see if you are effected by this bug with interlaced resolutions, any help would be greatly appreciated.