Need help to choose monitor

Cave_man

n00b
Hello good people..

I have a little problem with choosing a monitor for my new computer.
It doesn't matter if its a TN, IPS or PLS panel. Price isn't a problem. Wont really matter if it has a glossy or matt screen but matt screen is a plus.

Don't know if I post in the right section.
Please excuse my lack of english.

Edit: I would say I prefere 24" or 27"

Last edited:
What is your use? It would depend on what you will be doing with the computer? (ie. Gaming? Photography work? Read a lot of texts?)

What is your use? It would depend on what you will be doing with the computer? (ie. Gaming? Photography work? Read a lot of texts?)

The display would mostly be used for gaming, but I will be doing PS and video editing

It doesn't matter if its a TN, IPS or PLS panel. Price isn't a problem. Wont really matter if it has a glossy or matt screen but matt screen is a plus.

Those are like the 3 most important criteria for choosing a monitor :rolleyes:

I reckon one of those overclockable Korean monitors (Overlord/Catleap) would suit your usage: the high refresh rate is great for gaming, it's an IPS panel so the colour reproduction would be good for your PS usage, but only thing is that it's glossy.

Also what GPU are you planning to use to power the monitor?

Those are like the 3 most important criteria for choosing a monitor :rolleyes:

I reckon one of those overclockable Korean monitors (Overlord/Catleap) would suit your usage: the high refresh rate is great for gaming, it's an IPS panel so the colour reproduction would be good for your PS usage, but only thing is that it's glossy.

Also what GPU are you planning to use to power the monitor?

Curently I have a GTX 680 but dont have a monitor. I will buy a second card for SLI and for looks. Thought of GTX 690 but crashed that idea.

Is there any thoughts around Asus VE278Q??

That's a TN panel, and not even 120Hz. Going 680 SLI on a 60Hz 1080p screen is a colossal waste of money.

First of all you need to decide what's important: 120Hz for gaming or accurate colour reproduction for PS work or just a big cheap 1080p 27 inch monitor. It would also be useful to know your price range

That's a TN panel, and not even 120Hz. Going 680 SLI on a 60Hz 1080p screen is a colossal waste of money.

First of all you need to decide what's important: 120Hz for gaming or accurate colour reproduction for PS work or just a big cheap 1080p 27 inch monitor. It would also be useful to know your price range

My price range will be between $250-800 or more if neceserray

You need to answer those previous questions I put forward regarding what are the most important factors for you in a monitor. Unfortunately there isn't a perfect monitor with 120Hz, low input lag, low response time, 10-bit IPS, with a choice of matte or glossy - you're going to have to compromise on some of those things.

You need to answer those previous questions I put forward regarding what are the most important factors for you in a monitor. Unfortunately there isn't a perfect monitor with 120Hz, low input lag, low response time, 10-bit IPS, with a choice of matte or glossy - you're going to have to compromise on some of those things.

Colors matters the most for me, glossy or not. Matt screen is allways a plus from my side. I'll prefer color and more depth insted of a TN screen with bad colors, but with high refresh rate. I will also hope to play some games on it as well.

My two monitors I have to choose between is:
The Asus PB278Q PLS panel or
The Samsung S27A950D.

Cheers!

Back