• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

need help shopping for case

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
289
I need help shopping for a new computer case, it looks like cases get uglier every year. The only case that I came across that I liked was the ZALMAN FATAL1TY FC-ZE1 COMPUTER CASE http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/zalmanfatal1tycase/, but this case is way to expensive for me right now. I can't be spending that much on a computer case. If there anything out there that looks kinda like this case. Simple/Window on side/and two fans infront? Thanks for the help. :D
 
...and where have you looked, exactly?

If that Fatal1ty case is the only case you like out of the ones you've seen, I'm a little concerned about your taste to begin with ;)
 
Lian Li PC-7
Lian Li PC-60 Plus II
Lian Li V series.

Silverstone Tj06 (I believe its sub $150~ but don't hold me on that)
Coolermaster Stacker w/ Window
 
The Fatal1ty case is like.......ew. I draw the line at buying his mice....and that was for a client...
 
The Lian-li's or
a Silverstone TJ06 ($120)
or a TJ05 ($120-140)

Personally, I don't like the new Cooler Masters.... Quality-wise, they aren't on the same level as a Lian-li or a Silverstone.
 
The Fatal1ty case is a cool case. Many people around these parts think its fashionable to hate and scorn Fatal1ty parts. Its a good looking case that's gotten some decent reviews from respectable sites, but it really is too expensive for what it is. Try the Cooler Master Praetorian or NZXT Adamas, they are similiar in aesthetics with the FC-ZE1.



 
CM's Centurian is a great case for the price too. When I saw the zalman case, I instantly thought it was a ripoff of it.
 
Fatal1ty........is like the jordan brand, only wanna be's buy their overpriced crap. I would pwn fatal1ty in AA on urban assualt........ok may be not, but I bet I could give him a run for his money in pong
 
Many people around these parts think its fashionable to hate and scorn Fatal1ty parts.

You're right. The image of his case entering our eyes and being interpreted by our brains as ugly is a matter of society's customs and not our subjective taste.

The case is just a case. The decals and decorations only affect it aesthetically. His hardware, on the other hand, may have improved functionality, which would better justify a purchase. I would be more inclined to buy his case plain.

In the end, it's just a ploy to make Zalman and Fatal1ty more money.
 
the antec 900 is similar in that it has fans in the front and a window. i think its ugly but check it out
 
Back
Top