need help setting up wireless router

wut up guys?

juss bought this router, but im missing the installation CD

any ideas on how to find the soft ware?

by the way its the:
Wireless Linksys Router, Model number: BEFW11S4 V.2 w/ Access Point 2.4 GHz with 4-Port Switchs

Hmm, I looked up downloads for it through Linksys.com, but could not come up with the setup disc that usually comes with their routers for downloading.

The disc is probably not needed anyway. You can just set up the router through the browser interface. Connect the router to you broadband modem, reset the modem and router (basically, the standard hardware setup for routers), and then from your computer, open an internet browser and go to: http://192.168.1.1

I assume this is the default gateway address for the BEFW11S4. You'll probably have to enter Username and Password. The default Linksys router username is usually a blank, and the password is admin

Then you get to configure the router without the setup disc!

Is this new out of box? Or what?

You could always plug it in - hope you get a DHCP address - then check out what your default gateway is.

Press and hold the reset on the back of the router for 10 seconds and let it reboot. Try the 192.168.1.1 again in the adress bar of your browser. If this still does not work they try 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1. One of those has to work. If not then check your connections. Also make sure you are connecting to the router through a CAT 5 and not wirelessly when setting it up. Connecting wirelessly does not always work. Also like the dude above me said check the gateway. You can do this by going to start, run, type cmd, and they type ipconfig in the dos window. Hope this helps!

Back