Need help setting up harmony remote to control W7MC via Hauppauge PVR150 IR

_cashel

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got Windows 7 Pro, an old Hauppauge PVR 150 with the IR blaster plugged in, and my Harmony 520 remote. Windows 7 seemed to detect everything for the Hauppauge card, I haven't had to install any drivers for it. Where I'm confused is what do I need to do to get the remote to communicate with the Hauppauge IR, and when it does, will it automatically just 'work' with W7MC? Do I need to not worry about anything on the computer itself (software/driver-wise), just plug in the IR cable, and add the device in the harmony remote config page? What type of device/settings do I need to add it as in the harmony remote config page?

The only thing you need to do is in the logitech settings. You just program your remote to function as a Media Center remote. It's in there somewhere.

Then I customized one button as a back button.

Nothing you need to do on the HTPC itself.

When you say Media Center remote, you mean Windows Media Center PC (on the logitech config page)? I have it setup as that but for some reason the remote cannot control WMC

When you say Media Center remote, you mean Windows Media Center PC (on the logitech config page)? I have it setup as that but for some reason the remote cannot control WMC

Yes, that's it.

I just made an activity for the remote to control the media center, turn on my stereo receiver to the proper input and turn on my projector. Worked great.

Wait. What remote and IR module are you using? Pics or it? If it's one that plugs directly into the PVR150 then it's not going to work. If it's a USB one then only certain version work with MC. This is why you never buy a tuner with a remote. Cause 95% of the time the remote is pure garbage.

Wait. What remote and IR module are you using? Pics or it? If it's one that plugs directly into the PVR150 then it's not going to work. If it's a USB one then only certain version work with MC. This is why you never buy a tuner with a remote. Cause 95% of the time the remote is pure garbage.

Gotta agree with this 100%. I have a true Microsoft MCE remote and IR receiver that I've been using through all of my upgrades from the first iteration of XPMC through to my current Windows 7 build and it's been perfect the entire time. It was definitely worth the investment--though I did get a bargain price for it on Ebay...

You can say that again. The remote that came with my Hauppauge HVR-1250 cuts out every time you switch windows. You have to restart the IR program. That's bad when you fire up Hulu Desktop or Arcsoft TMT even from within MCE.

Made me toss the remote into the trash.

I'm using the Hauppauge PVR150 IR module and a Harmony 520 remote. I figured there might be an issue with it, but I couldn't get a straight answer from anybody. I guess I'll start looking for a USB IR receiver on Ebay.

Edit: Found THIS on Ebay. This should work correct? Cheaper than I thought it'd be.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back