Need help setting up a game for online play

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Hello all.

I am having a slight issue, I am trying to make a server for the game Red Orchestra Ost Front (server set up looks identical to UT2004).

I have a WRT300N Linksys router.

For whatever reason, I am not able to host a game. I am trying both a listen and dedicated server. I really only need the listen server to work.

I have looked online, and it says I need to use these ports:

7757 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7758 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7767 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28902 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20610 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Now, I really don't know anything about ports, or how to forward them. I know how to access my router, but I am not sure where I would exactly forward the ports (I am assuming under the Gaming & Applications tab).

I have also made sure Vista made an exception in its firewall for the game and Steam.

Any advice?

first of all, your computer needs to have a static IP. Not sure if the original firmware on the router allows DHCP reservations; otherwise manually assign an IP to your computer. Basically if you do an ipconfig /all in a command prompt, then copy/paste the IP, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS info into the TCP/IP properties of the local area network connection

as for the router portion... under Applications and Gaming, I think it was a sub-menu that says Port Forwarding.
Each line allows for a single port or a range of ports to get forwarded to a specific IP.

So in the first line, you would put 7757-7758, select UDP in the drop-down box, and enter the IP you just gave the computer.
7767 UPD and computer IP
28902 TCP/UDP and computer IP
8075 TCP and computer IP
20610 UDP computer IP

this may help you:
http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.a...e4d9f97cfb772d817bdf8_3699.xml&pid=96&slnid=4

edit: it does look like your router has DHCP reservation. Looks like it would be under the Network Setup tab.
Basically for this, you would need to enter in your computer's network card's MAC address. This can be found via ipconfig /all
then you would give it an IP address. This way, no changes need to be done on the computer itself, and the router will always give the computer the same IP address.

Last edited:
Back